Sunday, February 27, 2005

Embarrassing moment

Today is Dooce's weblog birthday and she celebrated it by asking her readers to post their most embarrassing moments. Here's mine. I'm in a hurry to get to bed so forgive any grammatical errors or misspellings.

When I was a little girl (3 or 4 maybe, my parents were still married so I know I was really young) I used to follow my mother into the bathroom and talk to her while she peed. One night I was in my room playing quietly because my parents had some friends over to play cards. I heard what I thought was my mother opening the bathroom door and going in. I thought, "I'm bored and lonely and mommy won't mind if I go into the bathroom to talk to her." I crossed the hallway in my footed pajamas and opened the bathroom door. It wasn't Mommy. It was my father and he was the first man I'd even seen peeing. I didn't know about wee-wees and hoo-hoos and I didn't understand why he was standing up. I thought something very weird was going on. I slammed the bathroom door shut and went running into the living room exclaiming, "Mommy, Mommy, Daddy is peeing through his thumb." My mother still jokes to this day about how small my father's you-know was. Our company was still over and aparantly something I'd said was funny because they kept laughing while my mother stifled her giggles and walked me back to my bed room. We passed my red faced father in the hallway. That was the end my following ANYONE into the bathroom.

1 Comments:

Blogger jules said...

LOL. that's funny.. poor dad..

(:3

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home